Sunday, January 8, 2012

Adventures in Pizza

So, tonight I decided to try pita pizzas....NEW FAVORITE! It is going on my list of easy to make dinners.....literally 10 minutes including prep.

1 pita for each person (I bought the kind that isn't cut in half)
3 tbls of pizza sauce (who doesn't have a lingering jar in the fridge door)
Mozzarella Cheese (no such thing as too much cheese)

Cut the pita in half (to make two pizza "shells"). For mine, once I cut into the pita, it was already split in half, just have to cut around the outside. I suggest putting the pita halves in the oven as its pre-heating to 350 so they can get crusty. Once they have a little toasty-ness to them, pull them out and add the pizza sauce, then the mozzarella. Bake until the cheese is deliciously bubbly and starting to brown.

Additions and Alterations:
I have "pizza seasoning" on the useless spice rack we got for our wedding (never seems to have what you need), so I used that, but oregano and basil (especially fresh) would work well too.
BBQ Chicken (BBQ sauce, chicken, red onions)
Margarita (Olive Oil, garlic, mozzarella)
Spinach and Artichoke (Margarita with spin and artichokes added)

Man I am hungry again!

This is a picture stolen off of Google images (mine was devoured before pictures could be taken :). But it looked the same.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment