Monday, January 23, 2012

winn-dixie trip

So, today after class I went to Winn Dixie. I managed to get out without spending more than 100$ and I am up to 90 cents off per gallon for the month (filling up tonight!). I got 2 good deals and I thought I would share.

1. Purina One Beyond Dog Food- so, if you have a small dog that doesn't eat much (definitely not my case), you can get this pretty good food for really cheap. Or, in my case, I want to donate to the local no-kill shelter, but donating money isn't an option. So I keep an eye out for deals.

Enough rambling here is the deal. Price: $7.99, Winn-Dixie store coupon (available in the front of the store by the weekly circular) for $2 off, that paired with a $5 off coupon from the SmartSource insert from 1/15. That means I paid $0.99 for a bag of food that I can donate. They are also usually pretty cheap at Walmart, and you will end up spending a dollar or two if you use the coupon.

2. Snacks!!!!! I love snacks, ask anyone, I ALWAYS have snacks. So there was a $2 off 3 participating brands of Nabisco snacks in the SmartSource from 1/8. This included 100 Calorie packs of Snackwells and Nabisco cookies (like chips ahoy, oreo, etc.) and a few other brands (they were pictured on the coupon). So, I picked up 2 boxes of Chips Ahoy 100 Calorie packs, 2 boxes of 100 calorie Snackwells (yogurt covered pretzels and the mint chocolate shortbread ones), and two boxes of graham crackers (the stayfresh packs, I know it creates extra wrappers in the landfills, but I would never eat a whole thing of crackers before they go stale). It would normally be 3.29 for each of the 100 calorie boxes and they were on sale 2 for $4. The graham crackers were B1G1 free (normally $3.99 each). So after coupons and sales, I paid $1.33/box.....score? I think so!

I did a little bit of a "I saved money" happy dance when I figured that last one out! So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment