Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Honey Lime Tilapia

I didn't burn the house down.....and I didn't set off the smoke alarms. Wooo hoo me! So tonight I tried making Honey Lime Tilapia. It was a pinterest recipe from God knows where. It was pretty good and is a fairly healthy recipe. Here is what mine looks like (nothing like the picture from the website, but I am not that good at frying things. My track record goes something like burnt, burnt, smoking, raw, burnt....so yeah.)

Fish- Tilapia (dur, I bought the buy one get one free kind from Winn Dixie and used 3 filets)

Marinade
Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
1 tbls of Olive Oil
1 1/2 tbls of Honey
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder

So for the marinade, recipe suggests 1 hour (I'm impatient so I did 30 min)

Then dredge in:
1/2c of flour (I'm sneaky, I did half whole wheat and half regular flour and the picky eater couldn't tell the dif)
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper

Heat about 2 tbls of olive oil in a pan over med to med low heat and fry. This isn't a cooking show so I'm not telling you how to fry it. Plus, I am not entirely sure how to tell when its done, it just has to look golden brown and delicious.

Addition and Alterations:
I added a little more honey just because I like it. Also, a great suggestion from the recipe's origination point was to make the marinade, put the fish in a ziploc bag with the marinade and freeze. Then throw it in the fridge in the morning, and as it defrosts, it will marinade. Pretty freaking sneaky if you ask me.

I would add a picture of mine, but it won't let me. I think you have some idea of what fried fish looks like. So, alas, I will add a picture of someone elses (it's probably more appetizing than mine).


No comments:

Post a Comment