Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Phyllo doug-n't know what to do with the rest...

So, in my last post, I used Phyllo dough. There is usually a lot left over. So what to do with it? You could wrap it back up and put it back in the freezer but why? Here are a few easy recipes that I liked.....

Crab Rangoons:

It's an asian restaurant menu staple. Here is a (kind of) lightened up recipe for it.

4oz of imitation crab meat (I used a little more because thats just how much was in the package)
8 oz of cream cheeze (you can use low or no fat varieties)
1 medium onion, chopped (I omitted, may have made it better, but meh I didn't have it)

Mix ingredients in food processer until fairly smooth (you want some texture). Then lay down a sheet of Phyllo and spray with Canola oil (or melted butter). Add a spoonful of the mixture and fold to make a little triangle. See here for a tutorial.

Then put on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 min at 350 F.

**WARNING**CAUTION**DANGER WILL ROBINSON**

The filling is hot when it first comes out the oven. WATCH OUT! LET IT COOL! The top 40 layers of skin in your mouth and on your tongue will thank you.

Here is a picture I stole from where I got the recipe:


Next up: my wierd concoction.

Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Triangles.

So I still have more left over dough and I am craving dessert. Simple. Cinnamon and Sugar.

Lay one sheet down, spray, add cinnamon sugar in a light layer, add another layer, spray, cinnamon sugar. Now make that into a triangle. Spray the outside. Make as many as possible. Bake until you can't stand it (my way of saying until golden brown), then let cool and break out the drop cloth. It will be crummy (ha!) but delicious. Here is a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment